From: Strake <strake888@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Login Hangs
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 12:13:54
1 Hi all,
2
3 My PC, running Gentoo 2006.1 amd64, hangs upon login. After a minute,
4 i get a "login timed out" message. It doesn't matter whether i use xdm
5 or agetty. At first, only my latest kernel exhibited the problem, so i
6 began using my backup kernel, but that soon broke as well. I believe
7 the problem lies with init, for when i boot with init=/bin/bash and
8 run agetty on tty2 and then log in, i have no problem. Kernel
9 2.6.17-gentoo-r7 and 2.6.17-gentoo-r8
12 Registered Linux User #392061
13 counter.li.org
15 "its not fair to have a battle of wits with unarmed opponents"
16 -Anonymous
18 No, you may not goto the washroom. Last time you went to the washroom,
19 we found you days later in an air vent.
20 -Bryn
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list