From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: default route dependent on dest port?
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 22:45:22
1 On 2013-10-04, Dragostin Yanev <gentoo+user@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 4 Oct 2013 20:55:25 +0000 (UTC)
3 >
4 >> IOW I've succesfully re-routed TCP _packets_ but not the TCP
5 >> _connection_.
6 >>
7 >> How do I tell the TCP stack that it's supposed to use the 172.16
8 >> inteface/gateway for connections to port 80?
9 >
10 > It's been a while but i believe you want to route via interface not
11 > gateway. Providing more info will make it easier to help you.
12
13 Can you explain what "route via interface" means?
14
15 I tried a default route like this:
16
17 ip route add table pmain default dev net2
18
19 instead of:
20
21 ip route add table pmain default via <gateway-ip> dev net2
22
23 But then non-local packets routed via that table don't seem to go out
24 any interface at all.
27 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm meditating on
28 at the FORMALDEHYDE and the
29 gmail.com ASBESTOS leaking into my
30 PERSONAL SPACE!!