From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-Up sys-lib/ss breaks Apps
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 17:34:14
1 On Friday 08 July 2005 16:52, Ron Bickers wrote:
2 > On Fri July 8 2005 01:38 am, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
3 > > Which is a huge bummer since most of us don't go checking the ebuilds
4 > > for these specific lines. How I wish It would just abort and BLAST the
5 > > Einfo on the screen for me to see the next day and decide to do it
6 > > manually.
7 >
8 > I have this concern as well. Also, when emerging multiple packages, the
9 > helpful and sometimes necessary output at the end of each merge is easily
10 > missed as the next package begins. It would be nice to at least have these
11 > messages logged somewhere. Are they? Can they be without patching
12 > portage?
13
14 emerge --update world > /var/log/world_update.log 2>&1
15
16 or if you want to see it on screen as well:
17
18 emerge --update world | tee /var/log/world_update.log 2>&1
19
20 Uwe
23 95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
24 developers. - Linus Torvalds
25
26 http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)
27 --