From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't find ralink driver in 2.6.28-gentoo-r4 kernel
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 23:51:03
1 > > Take a look in the "Depends on" line of the item you
2 > have identified as
3 > > the driver in the /rt2x00 search output. Maybe
4 > something is not enabled
5 > > that is needed for the driver to show up.
8 > I just checked on my 2.6.29-r1, and that path is accurate,
9 > and it's at
10 > the bottom of the list under Wireless LAN. I recall I set
11 > this when I
12 > was on the 2.6.26 kernel, so I can say almost without a
13 > doubt that it
14 > should be on the 2.6.28-r4. Yes, all these are from
15 > gentoo-sources.
18 Just double-checked, says depends on EXPERIMENTAL, so I enabled CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL, now I can see the driver under wireless devices. I'm a bit worried though cause under <help> it says driver for(USB-devices) rt2571 and rt2572 and I got a rt2570. No big deal, I hope ;)
19
20 mw
24 Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com