From: heinz.sporn@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unable to execute i386-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 09:02:28
1 Am 1.10.2005 schrieb "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>:
2
3 >I'm installing from a stage 1 on 2005.0 LiveCD. I did the boot strap and
4 >a now am doing the emerge --emptytree system stage. However, I keep
5 >getting this error on python-fchksum AND files.
6 >
7 >unable to execute i386-pc-linux-gnu-gcc: No such file or directory
8 >error: command 'i386-pc-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1
11 I had the same error here recently. I solved it by symlinking the missing
12 i386 stuff to the i686 pendants. Right now I have no access to the
13 machine where the probleme arose but IIRC I just compared the folder
14 structures of i386 with i686 and filled in the blanks so to say.
15
16 >Checking Bugzilla showed some bugs on this but the hints given did not
17 >work - I still get the error. That bug was marked a duplicate of another
18 >that had a long discussion on dependencies but no help on fixing it.
19 >
20 >I have not touched CHOST it is still CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
21 >
22 >Any ideas on how to fix this?
25 >--
26 >