From: hw <hw@×××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resizing multiple images with adding a frame as needed
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:34:51
1 Am 24.06.2015 um 07:35 schrieb Mick:
2 > On Wednesday 24 Jun 2015 01:02:35 wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
3 >> hw <hw@×××××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>>
6 >>> suppose I have a number of images that need to be displayed side by
7 >>> side in a nice layout. The images are of different sizes and have
8 >>> different aspect ratios.
9 >>>
10 >>> To fit the images into the layout, I can scale the images either by
11 >>> height or width or by percantage, and they will look messy in the
12 >>> layout because I need to keep their aspect ratio when scaling them.
13 >>>
14 >>> So what I need to do is put a frame around each image just as needed
15 >>> when scaling it so that I will end up with all the images having the
16 >>> same size while maintaining their aspect ratio.
17 >>>
18 >>> I guess 'convert' (from imagemagick) or 'ffmpeg' can do this, yet I
19 >>> couldn't find out how.
20 >>>
21 >>>
22 >>> (In this particular case, I would set a default size to scale all
23 >>> images to rather than doing something more complicated like examine
24 >>> all images in advance to compute a good size to use from the largest
25 >>> or smallest one or from their average dimensions.)
26 >>>
27 >>>
28 >>> Any ideas how to do this?
29 >>
30 >> Look here:
31 >>
32 >> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1787356/use-imagemagick-to-place-an-imag
33 >> e-inside-a-larger-canvas
34 >>
35 >> You must add a resize paremeter as this example is only for placing an
36 >> image inside a larger canvas. :-)
37 >>
38 >> You can easily find more examples in the Internet.
39 >>
40 >> --
41 >> Regards
42 >> wabe
43 >
44 > Give this a spin, or modify accordingly to suit your needs:
45 >
47 > #!/bin/bash
48 > for i in *.JPG; do
49 > name=${i%.JPG}
50 > convert -resize 900x675 ${i} ${name}_s.jpg
51 > done
53
54 This doesn't add a frame to keep the aspect ratio, or does it?