From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting maximum space out of a hard drive
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 21:53:19
1 On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 2:33 PM Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 28/08/2022 22:07, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
4 > > Is there a particular reason why your mailer inserts the quote character
5 > > only on the first line of a quote paragraph? It makes reading your
6 replies a
7 > > little difficult because it is not visible on first glance where your
8 quote
9 > > ends and your reply starts.
10 >
11 > Because the OPs mailer sent it as one line per paragraph?
12 >
13 > My mailer (Tbird) is configured for plain text, but still screws up when
14 > it receives html junk.
15 >
16 > Cheers,
17 > Wol
20 My address is GMail, and I just use Chrome. Responding to this list
21 requires me to Ctrl-A and then remove ALL formatting which inserts
22 the greater than symbol.
23
24 For 99% of my life no one cares about how an email response is
25 formatted. The only place that complains is this list so I do all of
26 that above to try to make it better for the list.
27
28 Maybe I made a mistake on the recent response that Frank
29 doesn't like? If it's happening on every email I send then what
30 Frank is seeing is not what I'm seeing.
31
32 In my experience it's easier to ride the Google horse in the
33 direction the Google horse is going. Turning off all formatting
34 causes too many problems in real life outside of Gentoo
35 email lists.
36
37 My apologies,
38 Mark