From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] turn on wifi enables also bluetooth
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:17:29
1 On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 02:43:15PM +0200, pat wrote:
2 > I have Dell Latitude E4300 notebook where the wifi and bluetooth (BT) is
3 > turned on by one HW switch. So, on windows if the switch is turned on there is
4 > possible to turn off one of these devices (from windows try stop the device).
5 > Is there something similar in Linux? Some application which is opened right
6 > after turning on of the switch and the application allow me to choose to turn
7 > on wifi or bt or both? Or is there a script which can be used to turn of the
8 > device even if the switch is on?
9
10 Try net-wireless/rfkill
11 You may need to have kernel support compiled (CONFIG_RFKILL, if I
12 remember right). It also depends on rfkill support to have been coded
13 into the drivers for your bluetooth and/or wifi devices.
14
15 Cheers,
16
17 W
18 --
19 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
20 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
21 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton