From: henkg@××××××××××××××.nl
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [blocks B ] <mail-mta/qmail-1.03-r16 (is blocking net-mail/cmd5checkpw-0.30)
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 23:18:57
1 On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 10:08:46PM +0100, Mike Williams wrote:
2 > You could turn on noauthcram if you don't need/want CRAM MD5 authentication
3 > (do you have plain text passwords in /etc/poppasswd?), or emerge qmail
4 > --nodeps to update qmail then emerge world.
5
6 Still something to learn I guess. my poppasswd file is still the example
7 file that came with whatever it came with. My pop accounts are
8 authenticated via the regular linux logins, so for every pop user (3 at
9 the moment) I have a user acount in linux.
10
11 What package uses this poppasswd file?
12
13 I tried qpkg, but that doesn't seem to exist any more?
14
15 Does the above mean I can safely enable noauthcram?
16
17 Thanks,
18
19 Henk.