From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Botched Raid1 install
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 18:38:11
1 Michael Mol <mikemol <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > I also intend to use ext4 for all 3 partitions, boot,root,swap;
7 > I gather that it's now possible to put your swap in a swap file on a
8 > filesystem, as opposed to giving it its own partition, but...why?
11 Sorry, only for boot and root; definitely not for swap....
12 I will be using RAID-1 on boot, root and swap too so the
13 system does not fail, if the swap on one drive fails.....
17 James