From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting memtest86 from grub2
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 20:24:32
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 12 May 2013 09:00:04 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> ### END /etc/grub.d/39_memtest86+ ###
5 >>
6 >> There it be. I wonder if it worked all the other times I tried?
7 > If anyone else had asked that question I'd have said "yes" :)
8
9 Well, it is spring here so I shutdown today and did some serious blowing
10 out of the dust. One thing about the Cooler Master HAF-932 case, lots
11 of air flow, quite a bit of dust too. Anyway, when I booted up again,
12 there sat memtest86+ in the menu. I selected it and you won't guess the
13 result. Yep. Error message. Can I shoot it now? :-/ I can't copy
14 and paste so bear with my fat fingers.
15
16 error: too small lower memory 0x9100 > 0x98400
17
18 Put to use my pitiful google skills and found out this is quite common.
19 That makes me feel better. It isn't JUST me. Downgrading memtest
20 thingy and trying a older version. After that, I'll try some other
21 tester thingy. If that fails, remove the file and use my USB stick
22 thingy.
23
24 I do a lot of thingys when things ain't going right.
25
26 Dale
27
31 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!