From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python update question
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 13:13:48
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Dale writes:
3 >
4 >> root@fireball / # eselect python list
5 >> Available Python interpreters:
6 >> [1] python2.7 *
7 >> [2] python3.1
8 >> [3] python3.2
9 >> root@fireball / #
10 >>
11 >> I ran --depclean and it wants to remove python 3.1. I ran python
12 >> updater and recompiled the needed packages. Since python 2.7 is the
13 >> default python, is it safe to remove python 3.1? As we all know, python
14 >> and portage is really good friends and portage gets real upset when it
15 >> looses its friend. I'd much rather ask this question than have to start
16 >> a thread on how to repair python with a dead portage.
17 >>
18 >> So, safe to remove? I'm thinking it is but just want the comfort of
19 >> taking someone else with me it is breaks. lol
20 >
21 > It's safe, your portage uses 2.7.
22 >
23 > Wonko
28 Thanks for the confirmation. I was thinking it was but wanted to double
29 check.
30
31 Thanks again.
32
33 Dale
34
38 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
39 how you interpreted my words!
40
41 Miss the compile output? Hint:
42 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"