From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System maintenance procedure?
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 00:56:46
1 > > > The first depclean is redundant, you haven't updated anything so it
2 > > > won't
3 > >> show anything useful. I only run depclean and revdep-rebuild weekly,I
4 > >> don't see a need to routinely do it more often, especially on slower
5 > >> systems. I do run eix-update and eix-update-remote after my daily
6 > >> sync.I run eix-test-obsolete from the weekly cron script.
7 > >>
8 > > I should have said that I'm emailed the results of the first set of
9 > > commands so the first depclean is there to let me know what would be
10 > > removed after yesterday's update.
11 >
12 > But you ran depclean manually after yesterday's update, so it should show
13 > nothing.
16 > --
17 > Neil Bothwick
18
19 You're right, I'm not sure what I was thinking.
20
21 - Grant