From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Compile something with debugging information
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:14:58
1 Ingrid wrote:
2
3 > All of a sudden, I'm having problems with the Postfix installation on
4 > my server. smtpd dies with a Signal 11.
5 >
6 > To debug this, I'd like to build postfix again, but this time portage
7 > should not strip the binaries and it should be compiled with debugging
8 > information compiled in (ie. with -g).
9 >
10 > How would I do that?
11
12 FEATURES="nostrip -ccache keeptemp keepwork test noclean" \
13 CFLAGS="-march=athlon-xp -O0 -pipe -ggdb3" sudo emerge postfix
14
15 This seems to be at least one way to go.
16
17 Alexander Skwar
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list