From: Alexis Lahouze <alexis.lahouze@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a program to log the memory consumption of just one selected process...
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:12:31
1 Hi,
2 # watch ps -C <processname> v
3 or
4 # watch ps -p <pid> v
5
6 v stands for virtual memory.
7
8 Otherwise
9 # watch /proc/<pid>/statm
10 This can help you on how to interpret the result:
11 http://redhat.activeventure.com/9/referenceguide/s1-proc-directories.html
12 (find statm)
13
14 If you want it graphically, I don't know... maybe ksysmon under kde or gtop...
15 I found this: http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/Process-Monitor-HOWTO-8.html
18 2007/1/23, Wolfgang Liebich <Wolfgang.Liebich@×××××××.com>:
19 > Hi,
20 > I want to trace the memory consumption of one selected process
21 > (threads and maybe child processes included). In WindowsNT and higher
22 > the Performance Monitor can do that. Is there a linux tool out there
23 > which can perform that feat, or do I have to hack a script which
24 > periodically looks into /proc and gathers all stats by itself?
25 > Ciao,
26 > Wolfgang
27 > --
28 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list