From: Joakim Gebart <joakim@××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Brand new instalation - Network problem
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 20:56:04
1 2013/10/26 João Matos <jaoneto@×××××.com>:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > I`ve just installed a brand new gentoo amd64 and there is this problem: my
5 > "Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168 PCI
6 > Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 06)" is recognized as sit0 , but I
7 > can't get any IP Adress.
8
9 sit0 is completely unrelated, it is an IPv6 tunnel device. You need to
10 compile the r8169 driver.
11 Make sure CONFIG_R8169=m or y in your kernel config and try again
12 (modprobe r8169).
13 I have a Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express
14 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06), pci id 10ec:8168
15 on my motherboard and it works fine with the R8169 driver on kernel
16 3.10.9 (and has been working since at least the 3.4 series, which was
17 when I installed this system)
20 > dhcp takes long and doesn't get any result. dhcpcd doesn't work either. Even
21 > if I choose a manual address I cant ping other devices.
22 >
23 > When I used ifconfig, I got something like "ipv6 over ipv4", but I will only
24 > need ipv4. So I disabled ipv6 USE flag, but I didn't change anything. The
25 > weird thing is that if I disable the IPV6 kernel support (manual
26 > configuration btw), the network interface (sit0) desappears!
27 >
28 > When I reboot the system using a usb botable Ubuntu everything works fine,
29 > using the same hardware/infrastructure.
30 >
31 > I have no idea what is going on here, so, please, send me some links.
32 >
33 > Thank you all,
34 >
35 > --