From: eric <eriic1@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No Sound After Reboot, or, More Troubles with Firmware?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 04:28:38
1 On 12/18/2017 08:18 PM, Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
2 > Hello again,
3 >
4 > While fixing my wifi card issues, I came across yet another issue. I
5 > set the snd-hda-intel PCH as my default soundcard, but I have no sound
6 > whatsoever, which renders the system pretty much inoperable to me. I
7 > tried the following:
8 > amixer set Master unmute
9 > amixer set Speaker unmute
10 > amixer set Headphone unmute
11 > These all went to no evail; no speech from espeakup, and nothing from
12 > speaker-test. Am I missing something here? Is there an amixer set All
13 > unmute or something? configlessnd_hda_intel is enabled as a module, as
14 > is the Realtek codec; the system picked up on the device fine.
15 >
16 > Thanks,
17 >
18 > Hunter
24 Hunter,
25
26 I am a new gentoo user and had trouble getting my sound card to work.
27 It took me a lot of head scratching and I was able to finally get it to
28 be recognized.
29
30 I don't know what the statement below means or where you set this
31 configuration.
32
33 > set the snd-hda-intel PCH as my default soundcard
36 On my system
37
38 $ lspci | grep Audio
39
40 00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H HD Audio (rev 31)
41 01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation Device 10f1 (rev a1)
42
43 and
44
45 $ lsmod
46
47 Module Size Used by
48 nvidia_drm 40960 1
49 nvidia_modeset 864256 4 nvidia_drm
50 nvidia 13398016 170 nvidia_modeset
51 snd_hda_codec_hdmi 45056 0
52 xhci_pci 16384 0
53 xhci_hcd 139264 1 xhci_pci
54 x86_pkg_temp_thermal 16384 0
55 i2c_hid 20480 0
56
57 My kernel config file shows
58
59 # cat .config | grep SND_HDA
60
61 CONFIG_SND_HDA=y
62 CONFIG_SND_HDA_INTEL=y
63 CONFIG_SND_HDA_HWDEP=y
64 CONFIG_SND_HDA_RECONFIG=y
65 # CONFIG_SND_HDA_INPUT_BEEP is not set
66 CONFIG_SND_HDA_PATCH_LOADER=y
67 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK=m
68 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_ANALOG=m
69 # CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_SIGMATEL is not set
70 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_VIA=m
71 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_HDMI=m
72 # CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CIRRUS is not set
73 # CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CONEXANT is not set
74 # CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CA0110 is not set
75 # CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CA0132 is not set
76 # CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CMEDIA is not set
77 # CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_SI3054 is not set
78 CONFIG_SND_HDA_GENERIC=y
79 CONFIG_SND_HDA_POWER_SAVE_DEFAULT=0
80 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CORE=y
81 CONFIG_SND_HDA_I915=y
82 CONFIG_SND_HDA_PREALLOC_SIZE=2048
85 What are you using for your sound? ALSA or PulseAudio?
86
87 I ended up going with PulseAudio myself to get my sound working.
88
89 Hope any of this helps you,
90
91 Eric