From: Thomas Drueke <tdrueke@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] su in konsole takes much longer to complete in KDE 4.5.1
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 18:09:32
1 Hi,
2
3 I installed KDE 4.5.1 over the weekend following the
4 "remove-all-old-kde-packages-first" approach on the gentoo webpage. So
5 far everything seems to be fine except one thing.
6
7 When I type "su -" in konsole it takes 20-30 seconds to complete.
8 Doing the same on a text console the command completes immediately.
9
10 I don't have NIS or LDAP enabled. "strace su -" came back with an
11 authentication failure immediately so no much info from there.
12 Also "top" didn't show any suspicious process consuming the time.
13
14 I found a thread from may which might be related to my observation
15 ("KDE takes ages to show password screen after suspend").
16 The solution there was to upgrade to KDE 4.4.4 which does not fit here.
17 Google didn't show much on this topic as well.
18
19 Any ideas what might cause the delay or how to get more close to the
20 root cause ?
21
22 Regards,
23 Thomas