From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Only two people in the gentoo world is having this problem?
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 02:28:24
1 On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 01:57:44PM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote
2
3 > It probably means you have run fix_libtool_files.sh, or possibly
4 > lafilefixer, between installing and removing the package responsible for
5 > that file. Emerge won't remove files it installed if they have been
6 > subsequently modified.
7
8 Do they warn about it? There are other circumstances where files are
9 deliberately not removed. I just updated my netbook after 6 weeks, and
10 the media-libs/jpeg-8 ebuild put this in my /var/log/portage/elog (note;
11 configuration in /etc/make.conf required)
12
13 ====================================================================
14 WARN: postinst
15 Old versions of installed libraries were detected on your system.
16 In order to avoid breaking packages that depend on these old libs,
17 the libraries are not being removed. You need to run revdep-rebuild
18 in order to remove these old dependencies. If you do not have this
19 helper program, simply emerge the 'gentoolkit' package.
20
21 # revdep-rebuild --library libjpeg.so.7
22
23 Once you've finished running revdep-rebuild, it should be safe to
24 delete the old libraries. Here is a copy & paste for the lazy:
25 # rm '/usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7'
29 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>