From: tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to cmake?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 09:50:29
1 On 2021-08-26 03:49+0100 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > Hello list,
4 >
5 > I wanted to try KDFM, which I read about in Linux Format. It's a file
6 > manager with some interesting features. So I went to
7 > sourceforge.net/projects/kdfm, downloaded the source and extracted it
8 > to /usr/local/src/kdfm-code.
9 >
10 > What do I do next? I tried 'cmake ./src' and similar and got Unknown
11 > CMake command "qt5_wrap_ui". Googling for that found a few helpful
12 > pages, but I think I'd need to be a Qt5 developer to understand them.
13 >
14 > Can anyone point me in the direction to find out what to do?
17 You need to run cmake in the directory that has the top-level
18 CMakeLists.txt. Use cmake -S . -B build from the top-level directory.
19 This whill use . as source directory and build as build directory.
20 You will need kde-frameworks/extra-cmake-modules.¹
21
22 Kind regards, tastytea
23
24 ¹ <https://sourceforge.net/p/kdfm/code/ci/master/tree/CMakeLists.txt#l8>