From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recovering MySQL Database from EXT4 Formatted Hard Disk ...
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 11:37:55
1 On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:28:50 -0500, Christopher Kurtis Koeber wrote:
2
3 > With PhotoRec, I can recover parts of the MySQL Database but I cannot
4 > get the important *.MYD files because I guess PhotoRec doesn't have the
5 > signatures for that type of file.
6
7 AFAIR Photorec will recover any type of file ans it just follows block
8 pointers. However, files it does not recognise are given meaningless
9 names, so you would have to trawl through all the files it recovered
10 looking for some indication that they are the files you need.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?