From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Tips for saving power needed...
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 15:09:37

admin of a colo-center keeps complaining my server is going
a little over power-limit (which they have set as ~120W per
24h/avg, while my server needs ~130-135W). So I need to find
a way to save at least those 15W, or I will be moved to
higher tarif (which means higher costs for server-housing).

Before going hard(ware) way, I would like to try first
all possible software solutions. What I tried up to now is
cpufreqd, CONFIG_NO_HZ=y, and spindown. In addition to that
I adjusted fan-speeds to a little lower values and turned
off some unneeded peripherials (in bios).

Is there anything else I could do? Any tips would be greatly