From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: about the minimal install isos
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:01:38
1 On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > I fully agree and `SystemRescueCD' is exactly what I ended up
4 > using.... still failed to get a working gentoo vm though.  Why is it
5 > such a bitch to install gentoo into a guest vm?
8 Hi Harry,
9 You've said this a couple of times that Gentoo in a VM isn't
10 working for you. I think you should start a thread specifically about
11 that.
12
13 As for Gentoo installs, IMHO, they are in a bit of a mess right
14 now. Last weekend a friend decided to give Linux a try and I helped
15 him install Gentoo. The tarballs still, after nearly a month I think,
16 didn't include all the required /dev stuff in the stage3 tarball which
17 caused the machine to not boot. Maybe that's what you're seeing? I
18 don't know because I haven't seen a real writeup on what the problem
19 is.
20
21 Anyway, be sure that Gentoo does run in a guest VM.
22
23 Cheers,
24 Mark