From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wget with http proxy
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:06:50
1 On Wed, 12 February 2014, at 9:00 am, Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I'm setting up a dedicated firewall / http proxy-cache (Squid) for my
4 > home network, with user authentication in 'digest' mode. Works fine with
5 > browsers but sometimes emerge fails.
6
7 If I'm understanding correctly, users will have to enter a password to access the internet.
8
9 My experience was that some whitelisting was necessary quite aside from Gentoo emerges, so I'd just add some Gentoo mirrors in there as "allow all" sites.
10
11 Stroller.