From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Nouveau KMS Xorg-setup with multiple screens
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 08:24:39
1 Hello
2
3 I have problems. I'm migrating from nvidia proprietary driver to nouveau driver because I wan't utilize KMS.
4
5 The server is connected to two separate displays in separate rooms. The first display is showing tv programs and mostly runs @50Hz frame rate. The second is displaying movies and hence runs at 23.97Hz. The programs sync to VBLANK! Nobody can stand the tearing of video without it! With nvidia and UMD I had two screens and everything worked perfectly.
6
7 So with this setup it's necessary to have two screens, right?
8
9 Is it possible to have 2 screens with KMS and nouveau driver?
12 Matti