From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --changed-use @world : how to interpret its output?
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 11:47:35
1 On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 12:34:08 +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2
3 > nice -19 emerge -av1 --update --keep-going --tree --changed-use \
4 > --unordered-display --verbose-conflicts @world
5 >
6 > I get LOTS of request to change package.use to include abi_x86_32.
7 >
8 > It looks like emerge wants to change half of system (which is nearly
9 > abi_x86_64 only)
10 > to use the 32 bit ABI, as well.
11 >
12 > How can I find out which packages triggers this chain of re-emerges?
13
14 The output from emerge should tell you which packages cause this. They
15 don't tell us because you haven't included it.
16
17 Hint: Don't use -v, it only clutter up the output with extra noise.
18 Without it you just get the error and warning messages.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Roses are red, violets are blue; I'm schizophrenic and so am I.