From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] General weirdness - a tale of woe.
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 09:00:23
1 On Sat, 30 May 2015 00:20:51 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > He was talking about tying the e-mail client to a database, not about
4 > the KDE4 desktop, and I've protested at the same thing more than
5 > once, sometimes in vigorous terms. Made no difference of course, but
6 > then I'm just an insufficiently humble user.
7
8 I can see the point in using a database to index mails for faster
9 searching, but relying on it for the mail program to work is plain daft.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
16 build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
17 produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
18 Rich Cook