From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT virtual stuff] gentoo vm appliance
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 17:12:32
1 On Thursday, June 23 at 12:52 (-0400), Albert Hopkins said:
4 > I've uploaded a (390MB) vmdk. I've been told by someone that it works
5 > with vmware (not sure what version).
6 >
7 > This was build just a few minutes ago with the latest stage3 tarball and
8 > the latest portage snapshot.
9 >
10 > http://starship.python.net/crew/marduk/base.vmdk
11 >
12 > The root password is blank. It will force you to change it on first
13 > login.
16 Last night I realized that the mirror I had used to download stage3s and
17 portage snapshots hadn't been updated in over 30 days.
18
19 So I changed mirrors and re-created an image. The new image should have
20 packages from the latest snapshot (as of an hour ago). Also it has the
21 2.6.38-gentoo-r6 kernel. The complete package list is here[1]. The
22 compressed vmdk image (89MB) is here[2].
23
24 [1] http://starship.python.net/crew/marduk/base-dist-package.lst
25 [2] http://starship.python.net/crew/marduk/base-dist.vmdk.bz2