From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox crash when playing flash
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 14:49:47
1 * Gustavo Campos <gucampos@××××××××.br> wrote:
2
3 Hi folks,
4
5 > > I figure out that the mpd didn't work either when the firefox was
6 > > suspending there, is it possible they cann't work together.
7 >
8 > Well that points to the road I was trying to take: sound problem.
9
10 At my site, adobe-flash also causes bad hangups in Seamonky
11 (reproducible on serveral distros). But it's not an audio problem
12 (the typical /dev/dsp blocking) - instead an loop inside the player,
13 which prevents control from getting back to the browser.
14
15 This is one of the many points showing that the Mozilla plugin API
16 is totally crap. Those external apps clearly belong into an separate
17 and sandboxed process which shoudln't have the chance to disturb
18 anyone else.
21 cu
22 --
24 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
26 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
27 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
28 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
29 http://patches.metux.de/
31 --
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list