From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: msmtp vs. nullmailer
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 13:27:55
1 On 2015-06-08, Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > However, the one thing that annoys me is that msmtp does not seem to have any
4 > sort of queue [2], so if it can't deliver an email, it must be resent, which is
5 > annoying for system emails.
6
7 I've been using msmtp for many years, and I find I don't miss having
8 an outbout mail queue. It turns out I just don't send e-mail when
9 "offline". If I do try to send mail, and it fails, I actually like
10 knowing about it imediately rather than finding out three days later
11 that something's broken and nothing I've sent out in the past few days
12 has actually been sent.
15 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! HUMAN REPLICAS are
16 at inserted into VATS of
17 gmail.com NUTRITIONAL YEAST ...