From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck + emerge => crash
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 00:10:52
1 On Montag 16 November 2009, Loupy wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > I got a power here, which after I had to run fsck... well there where
5 > some troubled Inodes and I choosed yes to repair them.
6 > So far so good, system booted well, but now I cannot emerge anything at
7 > all.
8 >
9 > emerge --info tells me as normal user:
10 > emerge: incomplete set configuration, missing set(s): "world" and "system"
11 > This usually means that '/usr/share/portage/config/sets.conf'
12 > is missing or corrupt.
13
14 probably that files endet in LOST+FOUND. You also can get them from a portage
15 tarfile
16
17 > as su I get a bunch of these messages:
18 > Parse Error reading PROVIDE and USE in
19 > '/var/db/pkg/kde-base/libkdeedu-3.5.10' Exception: 'ascii' codec can't
20 > decode byte 0xe2 in position 19:
21 > ordinal not in range(128)
22
23 best thing you can do - remove the directories affected and re-emerge the stuff.