From: Jim Hatfield <subscriber@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VMware not running well
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:13:32
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > When I run as root, things seem better, but it complains that it was
3 > unable to extablish an IP number for the simulated ethernet card
4 > (networking is set up for NAT).
5
6 I had lots of problems initially with running the perl script which
7 configures the network, but eventually after trying about four times
8 it "just worked".
9
10 I'm still having timer problems, vmware complains on startup about
11 /dev/rtc not being available (though it is, and the module is
12 compiled into the kernel). A FreeBSD guest keeps complaining that
13 time is running backwards. Playing Gnometris on a Ubuntu guest is
14 really really easy since the blocks take a minute to descend :-)
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list