From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Command line tool to crop PDF documents?
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 15:28:20
1 On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 03:16:36PM -0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > I don't see any pure Perl/Ghostscript utility in that thread. There's
3 > a bash program, but it doesn't support compression in input files.
4
5 Yes, it's Bash; I mentioned Perl and GhostScript as they are dependencies of the
6 script.
7
8 > Now I can uninstall TexLive until the next time I need to tweak my
9 > résumé. :) I usually do have TexLive installed, but a while back it
10 > was causing a blockage when trying to do an update. So I uninstalled
11 > it in order to get on the the 'emerge -auvND world' and never got
12 > around to re-installing it until today.
13
14 This is a known issue with some of the language packages hard-blocking newer
15 versions of the base TeXLive packages, as a new release of the base doesn't
16 necessarily mandate a new release of all the subsidiary packages [1]. For a
17 number of years, I (uses TeX every day) just used the standalone installer
18 provided by TUG.org, as the blocking used to be much harder to resolve.
19
20 $ eix '-I#' dev-texlive/texlive-lang > texlive-lang-packages
21 $ emerge --deselect=n --unmerge texlive-latex texlive-basic \
22 $(cat texlive-lang-packages)
23 $ emerge -uDN1a @world
24
25 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/TeX_Live#Upgrading