From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About ready to move /usr, /var and /home to LVM.
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 01:01:04
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:49:10 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Anything else that could be a gotcha? I plan to move this twice. Once
5 >> to the spare drive, repartition the OS drive then copy things back over
6 >> again.
7 >
8 > There's no need for the second copy. Create the VG on the spare drive and
9 > copy everything over. Then you can reboot into the system. Now you can
10 > remove the old partitions from the main drive and create a single PV in
11 > the space freed (reboot after repartitioning to make sure you're using
12 > the new partition table.
13 >
14 > Then add the new PV to the VG you are using and use pvmove to transfer
15 > everything from the spare drive to the main one. You can use the system
16 > while doing this, so there is only half the downtime compared with doing
17 > two copies.
22 Florian has a good idea too. Dang, both of these sound good. Well, I
23 got to think on this one. ;-)
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
31 how you interpreted my words!
32
33 Miss the compile output? Hint:
34 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"