From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh connections time out
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:15:52
1 On Thursday 29 November 2007, Billy Holmes wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > I just ran some quick tcptraceroute tests and can see that my random port
4 > > number has the same or less latency than port 80, or port 22
5 > > connections . . .
6 >
7 > try two things:
8 >
9 > 1) put your sshd on port 443 if you can. see if you can connect with no
10 > latency.
11 >
12 > or
13 >
14 > 2) perform this as root on BOTH boxes:
15 >
16 > # echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling
17 >
18 > that will disable the large tcp window negotiation. some broken
19 > firewalls/packet filters cause connections with this enabled to fail or
20 > become unfriendly.
21 >
22 > http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2007/01/msg00652.html
23
24 Thanks! I'll try both and see what gives.
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick