From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Small and dirty 32 bit environment just to flash my Bus Pirate
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 17:41:09
1 On 07/19 08:28, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 19/07/17 19:57, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > My Buspirate v36a needs a newer firmware.
6 > > Unfortunately the flasher software is only
7 > > available in 32bit and I run a 64bit modern
8 > > Gentoo.
9 >
10 > By default, Gentoo is multilib. Meaning it runs 32-bit software too. What
11 > libraries does the tool need to run? You probably can build those libraries
12 > with 32-bit support enabled.
13 >
14 > So what error message do you get when you try to run the tool? We can figure
15 > out which libraries it needs, and for those libraries you can then enable
16 > the "abi_x86_32" USE flag in package.use.
17 >
18 > On my system, I have that enabled for all libraries by default. My
19 > package.use has this in it:
20 >
21 > */* abi_x86_32
22 >
23 > But you can just set it only for some packages if you don't want every
24 > package (that supports this flag) to be also built for 32-bit.
28 Hi Nikos,
29
30 the tool is statically linked and only the command "file"
31 reveals its 32bit nature.
32
33 Cheers
34 Meino