From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] creating a .9999 ebuild
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 22:13:48
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 14/12/2015 23:06, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
5 > >
6 > >> On 12/14/2015 02:18 PM, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
7 > >>> Hi. I have a regular ebuild for app-accessibility/brltty and I want to
8 > >>> create a .9999 ebuild out of it, so it gets from the latest .git
9 > >>> version. Is there a way I can do that -- either some documentation on
10 > >>> how to do it, or some hints? Is there a general method for doing this?
11 > >>>
12 > >>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
13 > >>>
14 > >>
15 > >> Look for -9999 ebuilds in the tree using the git-r3 eclass, and copy
16 > >> what they do. It's not fancy but something like
17 > >>
18 > >> $ find ./ -name '*-9999.ebuild' | xargs grep -l 'git-r3'
19 > >>
20 > >> in PORTDIR should turn up a bunch of examples.
21 > >
22 > > OK, I will take a look.
26 > If the sources are in regular old git, the main changes are to replace
27 > SRC_URI with EGIT_REPO_URI and to inherit git-2. Here's one of mine I
28 > slapped together:
31 > EAPI=5
32 > inherit eutils user git-2 python-single-r1
33 > EGIT_REPO_URI="https://github.com/SiCKRAGETV/SickRage.git"
34 > DESCRIPTION="SickRage - Searches TheTVDB for TV shows"
35 > HOMEPAGE="http://www.sickrage.tv/"
36 > LICENSE="GPL-3" # only
37 > SLOT="0"
38 > KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~x86"
39 > IUSE=""
42 > The rest of the ebuild is completely stock standard stuff so I omitted
43 > it for clarity. You may need to rm a bunch of stuff in src_install()
44 > that comes with the git repo and you don't want to be merged.
45
46 OK, I have one question more -- for the git, I need to run ./autogen
47 before I can run configure, do I need to put that in source_prepare, or
48 is this done automatically?
51 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
52 How do
53 you spend it?
54
55 John Covici