From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dead USB card?
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 03:05:36
1 On 1/28/06, Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Richard Fish wrote:
3 > >
4 > > It looks like the ohci and ehci drivers are fighting over the card.
5 > > You don't need both, so I would disable ohci in your kernel
6 > > configuration and see if that works.
7 > >
8 > The card has 3 USB 1.1 sockets and a 2.0 one. Isn't it necessary to
9 > enable ohci to access the 1.1 sockets?
10
11 Who designed this freakish thing...Dr Frankenstein???
12
13 Anyway, since I have no knowledge of this card, I could be wrong. But
14 I would try either the ehci or ohci driver, but not both at the same
15 time.
16
17 -Richard
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list