From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trouble compiling mpv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:29:20
1 On Thursday 25 Aug 2016 20:03:56 Deven Lahoti wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm having some trouble compiling mpv on one of my systems. It works
5 > fine on my other system, which makes it even more confusing for me. I
6 > had some difficulty compiling numpy as well, but it was fixed with
7 > MAKEOPTS=-j1. The problem seems to be something to do with Python;
8
9 Yes, it seems your python configuration is incorrect on this PC.
10
11 > I
12 > tried both reinstalling it and switching to python2 but neither fixed
13 > the problem.
14
15 In the log, which you should attach here or post in the message body, it
16 throws an error on python-3.4
17
18 Have you tried setting with eselect, python 3.4, and then trying to emerge mpv
19 once more?
22 > The only thing I could find with the same error message
23 > was this thread, which wasn't very helpful:
24 > http://www.gentoofreunde.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=640&start=0 .
25 > Hopefully someone here can help me out.
26 >
27 > Here's the build.log: http://web.mit.edu/deywos/www/mpv.log
28 >
29 > Thanks,
30 > Deven
31
32 Someone more knowledgeable on python should chime in shortly, but make sure
33 you have not messed about with python (e.g. installing packages manually) as
34 this could break portage big time, if your manual install has sprayed python
35 files all over the place.
36 --
37 Regards,
38 Mick