From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge xmlto > ERROR: app-text/xmlto-0.0.18 failed.
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:06:04
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
4 >>emerge gtypist
5 >>emerge tuxtype
6 >>emerge tuxtype2
7 >>emerge dvorak7min (if you happen to have a dvorak keyboard)
8 >>emerge dvorakng (ditto)
9 >>emerge typespeed
10 >>emerge ktouch
11 >>
12 >>Naturally you don't need all of these, but I thought I'd list what's in
13 >>Portage. I have gtypist and tuxtype2 installed, but haven't got around
14 >>to scheduling them yet :-( .
15 >>
16 >>Isn't it nice to know you can use your computer to help you in your
17 >>life? :-)
18 >>
19 >>Holly
22 Well, I took typing in high school . . . . they kicked me out after
23 about 2 weeks. The teacher even helped me after school and all, still
24 no go. I also took piano lessons for a good long while. My teacher
25 said she has taught kids that are "mentally challenged" that did better
26 with the fingers. I just can't get my fingers to work for me. I'm
27 getting a bit better now that I have my own rig though. This is my
28 first computer of my own.
29
30 It's funny though, I can fix about anything. I'm good with mechanical
31 stuff. Guy thing I guess. < shrugs > I can rebuild a car motor with
32 no problems.
33
34 Since I'm disabled, having a computer helps a lot. I don't get out to
35 much. I go to town about once or twice a week to get groceries, usually
36 late at night, and that is about it. I can go all month on a tank of
37 gas sometimes. Going to see my girlfriend, about 300 miles away, was
38 the longest trip I have taken in many years. I'm hoping to go back this
39 weekend. I miss all 100 lbs of her. I talked to her a bit ago. <
40 grins real big >
41
42 Dale
43 :-)
46 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
51 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list