From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching to Bellsouth dial-up, trying to anyway. :-(
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 21:57:34
1 maxim wexler wrote:
2 > Scuse me for jumping in mid-thread.
3 >
4 > I use old USR serial modems for dialup. I get em at
5 > the local thrift store for 5 bucks. Never had a
6 > problem. The lights _are_ useful. The switches on the
7 > back are set like this:
8 >
9 > HHLHLHHL
10 > 12345678
11 >
12 > Don't use wvdial. Don't use kppp. Use pppconfig.
13 >
14 > HTH
15 >
16 > Maxim
21 You're excused. LOL I suspect mine is a lot older than the USR you
22 have. Bell South is looking for a v.90 or a v.92 compatible modem and
23 mine is neither of these. Mine is likely about 20 years old, both from
24 the features it has and the looks of it. LOL
25
26 I did try wvdial, kppp and pppconfig. All did the same thing. I may
27 give pppconfig a go with the other spare modem though, just to see if it
28 will do something.
29
30 My dip switch has 10 switches instead of 8 so yours is different.
31
32 Thanks for the info.
33
34 Dale
35
39 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
40
41 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list