From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge a binary package no longer in tree
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 08:45:06
1 On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 07:50:15 +0100, Raffaele Belardi wrote:
2
3 > I'd like to try and update a package I masked long time ago due to
4 > performance problems. Upstream the problem does not seem completely
5 > addressed and solved so I'd like to be able to go back to the old
6 > version just in case. But the old version is no longer in the tree. If
7 > I quickpkg it will I be able to reinstall it anyway?
8
9 Yes, by passing the path to the package to emerge. But this is considered
10 experimental, a safer solution is to copy the ebuild to a local overlay.
11 The ebuilds for all installed packages are in /var/db/pkg.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full
18 house and four people died.