From: Rajat Gujral <nutts4linux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Access problem
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:50:48
1 Thanx brian that helped .. now i am able to log in
5 On 8/29/05, Brian Parish <brian@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > On Monday 29 August 2005 12:02, Rajat Gujral wrote:
7 > > Hi there
8 > >
9 > > Thanx to all of u for helping me out to install gentoo ... Without ur
10 > > suggestions it wouldnt have been possible ..
11 > >
12 > > Now that i have completed installation and created users .. I am not
13 > > able to log into the superuser mode through my login , it keeps
14 > > showing
15 > >
16 > > su -
17 > > Password:
18 > > su: Permission denied
19 > > Sorry.
22 > > Even when i try to access the root previliges through the user , it
23 > > does not accept my password but the password i am entering is correct
24 > > .. What can be possibly wrong with it ...
25 > >
26 > > Thnx & Rgds
27 >
28 > You need to be a member of the wheel group.
29 >
30 > gpasswd -a username wheel
31 >
32 > as root