From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udevd boot messages
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 09:37:29
1 On 2012-05-23 5:25 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 05/23/2012 05:24 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >> *Especially* for servers, there really, REALLY needs to be a way to see
4 >> this kind of warning BEFORE updating... ie, the warning should be
5 >> printed to the screen during an 'emerge -pvuDN world' or something, so I
6 >> know that a reboot will be required for this update.
7 >> </pet-peeve>
8
9 > This kind of messages are also printed at the end of -uDNav world so if
10 > you scroll your screen up you can see all the warning/log messages from
11 > every package that you have updated. Also, these kind of messages are
12 > logged in/var/log/portage/
13
14 Ummm... yes, I know that, I get my elogs via email...
15
16 You must have missed the words 'BEFORE updating' above... I put BEFORE
17 in caps, not sure what else I could have done to make it more plain... ;)