From: Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] enlightenment experience
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 05:47:51
1 Mick wrote:
2 >
3 > My knowledge of coding is non-existent, but as a plain user I have been using
4 > enlightenment since the e17 days and can confirm it does not have many native
5 > applications. Last time I looked I found around a dozen apps in various
6 > stages of development, plus its file manager & desktop gadgets.
7 > ...
8 > I've used e with a small selection of KDE applications, but obviously not the
9 > full Plasma DE. For most of the time it worked fine. No crashes, no lost
10 > data, no drama. It just did what I needed from a desktop, efficiently,
11 > without eating up resources, without buggy indexers, getting out of the way
12 > and letting me get on with work. I had to improvise to get some Qt
13
14 Thanks that's the kind of info I was looking for. In the end I decided to go for Xfce,
15 mainly because the gentoo wiki pages are a lot more detailed than the E ones so it gives
16 me the idea of a better supported environment.
17
18 raffaele