From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] flash && ncaa.com bball
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:48:04
1 On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 2:44 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
5 > So the mens college basketball games are streamed over
6 > the net. On my newly upgraded kde 4.2.1, neither seamonkey
7 > nor mozilla-firefox nor konqueror can play these
8 > files. the website (ncaa.com) just tells me to download
9 > "flash-8" to play highlights of previous games.
12 > Is this safe? Is there a gentoo way to get flash-8 working with
13 > any of these aforementioned web browsers?
16 > It seems like I had "flash" working some time ago, but, I'm
17 > not sure what happened.
20 > It's an amd64 system.
21
22 You have to be aware of the 32-bit vs 64-bit versions of your browsers
23 and the flash plug-in. If you are using the 32-bit flash in a 64-bit
24 browser, you need nspluginwrapper. If you're using the 64-bit flash in
25 a 64-bit browser or 32-bit flash in 32-bit browser, you don't. If
26 you're using the 64-bit flash and a 32-bit browser, you're out of
27 luck.