From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: sans-dbus was: gnome intrusion?
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 21:23:33
1 On 2016-11-19 23:07, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > Yes I know init and KDE are very very different beasts from different
4 > eras with different approaches to getting stuff done and so can appear
5 > completely different. But within the contact of /this/ thread, they are
6 > very similar. And you don't understand one of them to anything like the
7 > same standard you understand the other.
8
9 I agree with this, this is the core of the issue.
10
11 But you see: I don't need the features these new beasts provide. Why
12 should I have to learn all that huge amount of information, crowding out
13 things I actually _like_ to know from my declining memory, to keep control
14 of my computing?
17 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
18 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
19 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html