From: Elmar Hinz <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on 8GB SSD
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:53:09
1 2010/8/17 Hal Martin <hal.martin@×××××.com>:
2 > A friend recently gave me a SimpleTech Zeus 8GB SSD. I'd like to replace my
3 > hard drive with this SSD for the lower latency and faster access times it
4 > will provide.
5 >
6 > Currently my / partition is 24GB, 20GB of which is in use. Using xdiskusage
7 > I see that /usr/portage and /var/tmp are using approximately 10GB, which is
8 > well over the 7.5GB I have on the SSD.
9
10 I am new in Gentoo. I installed Gnome.
11
12 Portage: 1,6 GB + Rest: 5,5 GB = 7,1 GB
13
14 Maybe you just need to do some cleanup of your outdated sources?
15
16 Regards
17
18 Al