From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: paludis and make.conf
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 19:41:29
1 --- On Sun, 5/24/09, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > > That should be explained in the portage docs.
3 >
4 > Best possible answer :-)
5 >
6 > It's right there is man 5 make.conf:
7 >
8 > One enables protection for the given files/docs.
9 > The other disables it.
10
11 But I thought paludis had its own suite of pkg handling tools. eg It has its own use.conf. and bashrc and ... At present CONFIG_PROTECT and CONFIG_PROTECT _MASK are missing from make.conf. and only appear as 'all_CONFIG_PROTECT' and 'all_CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK',two tiny files under /var/db/pkg/.cache. Do I tweak the variables there or in make.conf or both?
12
13 Maxim
18 Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail. Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca