From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bluetooth headset and espeak
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 18:29:10
1 On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 7:20 AM, W.Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2 [...]
3 > It looks like bluez is continually changing so most of the guides Ive
4 > found dont apply - I am using bluez-4.39.  alsamixer etc dont list the
5 > bluetooth device and I cant see it in /proc/asound, but its obviously
6 > there if mplayer can access it!
7
8 With:
9
10 gnome-base/gnome-2.28.2
11 net-wireless/gnome-bluetooth-2.28.6
12 media-sound/pulseaudio-0.9.21.1
13
14 You only go to System->Preferences->Bluetooh, "Set new device...",
15 detect and connect yo your headset, and then System->Sound, in the
16 output tab you select your headset, and all the PulseAudio
17 applications will output sound through your headset.
18
19 If also you have
20
21 pcm.!default {
22 type pulse
23 }
24 ctl.!default {
25 type pulse
26 }
27
28 in your ~/.asoundrc, all the ALSA applications will use PulseAudio,
29 and then it will work for them too.
30
31 Regards.
32 --